Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
The purpose of the New Kent County Special Education Advisory Committee is to advise and assist the New Kent County School Division in identifying strengths and weaknesses of its special education services. The SEAC members are appointed by the local school board and is comprised of parents of students with disabilities who attend New Kent County Schools.
The SEAC meetings include presentations on relevant special education topics and a public comment period. If you are interested in providing comments and are unable to attend the meetings, you may provide written comments by submitting them to one of the committee members.
UPCOMING PRESENTATIONS AND MEETINGS
The timeframe for each presentation is 6:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
The SEAC meeting will follow the presentation.
Location: New Kent High School Media Center.
Join us on March 9, 2017 for a Resource Fair
- A+ Moms Support Group
- Bay Transit
- Bridging Communities Regional Technical Center
- Capstone Counseling
- Center for Family Involvement and Transition Innovations
- Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- Down Syndrome Association of Virginia
- Dream Catchers Therapeutic Riding Center
- Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Henrico Mental Health Services
- Inclusive Placement Opportunities for Preschoolers (IPOP)
- Kollege & Kareer 4 Youth
- Life Services, Inc.
- New Kent County Department of Social Services
- One Child Center for Autism
- Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center (PEATC)
- Rappahannock Community College - Recruitment and Workforce Development
New Kent Elementary School Representatives:
Shannon Rudd, Chairperson
George W. Watkins Representatives:
(804) 339-1797 or (804) 932-4810
New Kent Middle School Representatives:
(804) 971-6295 or (804) 514-2820
New Kent High School Representatives:
(804) 357-1226 or (804) 932-3585
Holly Jackson, NKHS
Community Agency Representative
Henrico Mental Health
(804) 222-8194, ext. 3021
Director of Special Education and Student Services
Dr. Dianne Pollard
Information pertaining to Special Education Advisory Committees in Virginia can be found at the link below.
Parent’s Guide to Special Education
Parent’s Guide to Special Education in Spanish