New Kent County Public Schools utilizes a system called Blackboard Connect
to send out Emergency notifications, Attendance notifications and general Outreach messages to all faculty, staff, and parents. All faculty, staff, and parents are initially loaded into the system by the school and set up to receive all Emergency Messages on all methods of communication.
All users have the ability to customize how they receive Outreach and Attendance messages. Outreach messages contain general information including upcoming events and school announcements. The schools use this system to make all Attendance calls when a student is absent as well.
To add methods of communication and/or edit your existing phone numbers, email addresses or home address, you will need to create an account on Blackboard Connect and modify your preferences. The sections below provide instructions on how to create your account and modify your preferences. These instructions may be downloaded in PDF form by selecting the following link: Blackboard Connect Setup Instructions
Create Your Account
- Go to https://nkcps.bbcportal.com/
- Click Sign Me Up!
- Fill out the information in the given fields and click Continue.
- A confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to the email address you have provided.
- Click the link provided in the email to be redirected to a security page where you select and answer your security questions. These questions will be used in the event you forget your password.
Logging in For The First Time
- Go to https://nkcps.bbcportal.com/ and provide your email and password.
- Provide the identification code (your child’s 5-digit student ID number)
- Include information specific to your child, such as home phone number or address that is on file with the school to associate your portal account to your Blackboard Connect Contact.
- Once you have associated your portal account with your Blackboard Connect Contact,
you will be redirected to your portal account.
Update Your Contact Information
- Select your name in the upper right hand corner and select Contact Info
- Add an address, phone, or email by selecting the appropriate button and completing the form.
- Edit your contact information by hovering over the contact method and selecting the pencil next to it.
- Delete methods of contact by hovering over the method and selecting the trash can.
Manage How You Will Receive Information
- Select your name in the upper right hand corner and select Subscriptions
- On this page, you should see the three types of messages, Emergency, Outreach, and Attendance. If you do not see one of these, select the Manage Subscriptions tab at the top of this panel. Select all types of messages and click the Save button and select the My Subscriptions tab.
- Select the Edit button on the right next to any line that you would like to edit, Outreach or Attendance.
- Select the methods of communication on which you would like to receive that type of information.
- Click the Save button.
Add Additional Students To Your Account
- If you have more than one student then you will need to add them as additional contacts.
- Select your name in the upper right hand corner and select Find Contacts.
- Enter your other student's ID number into the input box and select Submit.
- You will be required to enter a phone number or email address associated with that student.
- Find the student at the bottom of the page and select the Associate button.
If you are having a problem making the necessary adjustments in Blackboard Connect, please contact your student's school's main office.